Friday, December 08, 2006

q&a with patty, worrywart

So I was telling my friend Patty about his argument I got into with some pretentious plastics engineers about toxic substances in household products. This one guy basically tried to argue that if we didn't have brominated flame retardants there would be dead babies lying around everywhere. I made a feeble attempt to get into it with him, but eventually decided that there's no point in arguing with someone who just wants to win so he can feel better about himself. Anyhow, when retelling the story started to go on and on about how the toxics stay in the body for decades and how there are natural alternatives that are just as flame-retardant, etc...

Patty, always the pragmatist, pointed out that a lot of these issues could be solved if people had a little common sense:

"JUST DON'T PUT YOUR BABY NEXT TO A FIRE!"

Now that is what I'm talking about.

No comments: