Friday, December 08, 2006

tha woo

I went to Worcester with my boss/professor Bob yesterday. We did some interviews and one guy drove us around the neighborhood where I went to school when I was little. I didn't tell him that until we had already left the neighborhood, because I thought telling him would be like cheating.

It was so surreal though, to hear this guy talk about these places as if we were tourists (well, weird eccentric tourists who come to see abandoned factories and redeveloped affordable housing units). It was interesting to notice what he mentioned and pointed out and what he glossed over. Like I said, though, I kept my mouth shut.


I was sad that we didn't have more time after the interviews, I should have shown Bob some more Worcester, like this mural that I saw every day of my life for years:

It must have been done right after the Berlin Wall fell. The Perestroika and Glasnost were always there; the Target logo was not.

No comments: