Sunday, March 25, 2007

the plan: update

a paper tacked to my bulletin board says the following:

Week of March 18
  • NO CLEANING
  • NO POINTLESS EMAILS
  • NO UNNECESSARY PHONE CALLS
  • NO RESD
  • NO SOCIALIZING
  • NO COOKING
  • NO PROCRASTINATING
this week, not only did I clean my house, but I went so far as to completely disassemble my vacuum cleaner, clean every single one of its five thousand tiny parts, put it back together and vacuum every vacuumable space. Amanda's mother is right, they don't make vacuums like they used to. I also went to RESD several times, socialized excessively, cooked, composted, blogged, emailed, sledded, napped, puttered, and talked on the phone for no apparent reason. There are still two huge piles of mystery papers cluttering my desk, and six of my seven tape-recorded interviews remain untranscribed. I guess "Week of March 25" is going to be the one...

8 comments:

rooroo said...

you forgot, "escorted my retardedly drunk friend home on friday night so she could vomit in my bathroom in her hair and then lay on my futon while i made them bed over her and went out with her on saturday for moral support purposes in a snowstorm for like one hour which by the way turned out to be completely unnecessary but i put up with her because she is a transcribing machine." cause that was fun, too.

rooroo said...

http://phenchurch.blogspot.com/2005/07/harold-and-kumie-good-memories.html

rooroo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MRhé said...

Does this mean you're going to soil PMFT yet again?

anne said...

oh HELL no. don't worry, "no socializing" applied only to "Week of March 18." After all the hours of hard labor I put in this weekend, watching Amanda transcribe, I need some free bluegrass like you wouldn't believe.

Anonymous said...

Re: not soiling PMFT,

I'll believe it when I see it.

Sincerely,
Ben

anne said...

Re: your comment,

CUNT.

And by "Next Tuesday," I mean tomorrow.

Regards,
Anne

MRhé said...

Re: CUNT

I believe a point is in order.

Best,
Mike