I just heard the new Clap Your Hands Say Yeah album, "Some Loud Thunder," which is pretty f-ing sweet, and the first new and awesome album I've heard in quite a few months. 2007 just started, so I'll give it some more time, but 2006 was just such an incredible year for weird/delightful new music discovery. So here are my top five albums of the past year or so, which I highly recommend you check out if you haven't already:
5. Gimme Fiction - Spoon
4. Come on Feel the Illiniose - Sufjan Stevens
3. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
2. Funeral - The Arcade Fire
1. Apologies to the Queen Mary - Wolf Parade
Saturday, February 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I've never really heard The Arcade Fire, but I already keep hearing people talk about how they are playing in Boston in May!
i've heard about arcade fire here and there ever since the lead singer smashed his guitar at the end of their snl performance recently. i've also heard that your boy sufjan is one of those religious people that you dislike so much. ;)
i know, this situation blows... i was just saying to brian that i'm not committed enough to loving Beck's music that I can ignore his penchant for scientology. on the other hand, I like sufjan too much to stop listening on principle (also, I'm still kind of convinced/maybe delusional that his religiousness is at least a little tongue-in-cheek).
Post a Comment