Sunday, November 05, 2006

I have a fever, and the only thing that can cure it is MORE COWBELL.

So now I have a blog. "Why?", you ask? As a way of practicing for the Great Thesis Proposal Defense, let me boil it down to a few key Bullet Points:
  • Amanda and other blog people tell me that this is National Blog Posting Month, in which all people are required to blog, and I'm the kind of person that follows the rules.
  • Because everyone else is doing it, and I'm the kind of person that would jump off a bridge if everyone else was doing it.
  • I ought to be doing something else, like schoolwork, and I'm the kind of person that will do anything to avoid work, even at great personal risk.
  • I sometimes tend to suck at keeping in touch with people. Maybe those people can read my blog and pretend they are talking to me.
  • Save trees.
  • Proselytize.
  • I have been going through innumerable crises of conscience within the past few weeks, mainly due to my thesis (henceforth, my "Albatross"). Someone wise pointed out that writing about it could be therapeutic. It's worth a shot, especially considering I am "between health insurance plans" right now and have no money to buy drugs in the informal economy.

No comments: