if anyone still checks this blog, you'll be happy to know I'm not dead. I have actually started writing quite a few blog posts over the past few months, but never finished them. I've just had a lot of crap to do, and blogging never rose to the top of my list.
but then I was having lunch with one of my professors the other day, discussing how I might one day finish my thesis. He reminded me that one possible reason for my writer's block is that I haven't been writing enough. He's completely right - in school I used to write something every day - sometimes schoolwork, sometimes work work, sometimes blog posts, sometimes blog posts when I should have been writing schoolwork or work work. But my current projects at work require no writing whatsoever, and I'm a little out of practice. So now I'm trying to write a little something every day (ideally my thesis, but this works too).
My other strategy for finishing my thesis was to come to the department (instead of my office) on Thursdays. A few other unfinished thesis sufferers also agreed to meet here on Thursdays for the same reasons - to be around other thesis writers and to be in a "school" environment.
So here I am in the department, not writing my thesis, but I'm here, and I'm writing. It's not a bad start, as long as I use the blogging as a jumping-off point for more studious endeavors. Anyways, my first writing project is to finish all those posts I began over the past few months. As we say in Moldova, enjoy.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Here's to writing, and "school" on Thursday. Hope you can pick things up and get them together. Haven't seen you in forever....
Post a Comment