as you might have already heard, Kerouac wrote On the Road on one long piece of paper. The scroll has arrived in Lowell (see the link to the right), where Kerouac was born. Come see it, then stop by my porch for a beer.
in other beat generation news, this was the quote of the day when I signed in to google:
My own experience is that a certain kind of genius among students is best brought out in bed.
~Allen Ginsburg, who I previously thought would have been a cool professor to have
Friday, June 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
a cool professor to have
Haha, I still bet he would have been... I'm pretty sure he didn't do women, if that helps.
I see you have changed up your template. In the spirit of summer perhaps?
as we used to say from the bench, good eye.
and while we're on the topic, make her pitch to you. A walk is as good as a run. Wait for yours. You can't hit if you don't swing. etcetera.
Her? What is this, softball?
Also, cut down on that swing with two strikes on you.
Anne, that was a nice metaphorical pep-talk there. Unfortunately, I think the analogy breaks down with the "a walk is as good as a run" bit. I'm just saying. Other than that, well put.
Actually, he was a cool professor. He "taught" one day of a class of mine back in high school ("Non-Conformists in Literature" -- how COOL is that as an English class?!?!) because he was friends with my teacher. I stumbled across my autographed copy of "Howl" just the other day...kind of forgot I had it...
Post a Comment