Friday, March 09, 2007

untz untz untz

my interview was, technically speaking, f-ing awesome. this guy told me bloodcurdling tales of floor stripping woe: shoes destroyed, third-degree burns, legs lost... seriously, legs lost. while all of these things, coupled with his happier anecdotes about the switch to green cleaning, speak directly to what I'm trying to prove, I feel more than a little guilty for how I got at it. I mean, how can I be so selfish as to revel in these horrible things happening, just because it supports my goal of promoting green cleaning? I've always been a firm non-believer in the "ends justify the means" theory, so I'm hating myself a bit for even having recorded this thing.

Luckily, my own stupidity assuages a little bit of my guilt, as I accidentally turned my recorder speed all the way up to "fast" and didn't notice it until 45 minutes into the interview. I was too scared to review the tape, but I have a feeling it's going to take a lot of technology finagling to get this thing transcribed. On that note, I've completely embraced my nerdiness and decided that I want voice-to-text software for Christmas.

In other news, it's spring break! I'm not going anywhere fun, or even doing anything fun in Lowell - in fact, I'll probably sit around the library writing my thesis and generally being miserable all week. For some reason, though, just knowing it's spring break is enough to make me feel all vacation-y. I forsee a good amount of weeknight drinking and general irresponsibilty this week, not really different than any other week except that I feel somehow entitled to it since it's spring break...

8 comments:

MRhé said...

Ha I like your link to my blizzog.

anne said...

I like accents. Why didn't you go out on Tuesday? Will I ever see you in person again?

MRhé said...

Tuesday night was tough. I was busy.

Yeah, I would say the chances are pretty high. Are you going to the Harpoon Fest tomorrow? There is a 90% chance I'll be there.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you going to the 'poon fest? Kristy'll be there with me. These chances to meet my wife rarely arise these days, so you need to take advantage accordingly.

anne said...

mike: what's the SE on that?

ben: I can't f-ing wait, and I promise I won't say anything inappropriate.

MRhé said...

The SE? I don't follow.

anne said...

The standard error. I thought you were getting all statistical on me with your "90% chance" comment. This just proves I'm way more of a nerd than I thought...

MRhé said...

Ah. No, I'm not so much mathematically-inclined. I can add and subtract; that's about it.